dovecot-fts-solr Solr9 support

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Mon May 23 21:31:39 UTC 2022

On 5/17/2022 11:32 AM, PGNet Dev wrote:
> CaffeineCache  _should_ be a solution for both series.
> I'm just starting to do a bit of testing, but so far, indexing/search
> with Caffeine seems quicker, at least.
> I do not yet know in which case(s) CaffeineCache is _not_ an
> appropriate solution.

CaffeineCache was added in Solr 8.3.0.  So it is not available in all
8.x releases.

I know more than a little bit about Solr's caches.  I am the author of
LFUCache, added way back in Solr 3.6.0.  That is an extremely naive
"intro to programming" implementation, but it works.

Caffeine is a highly optimized and battle-tested cache, with very good
performance.  Shortly after it was added to Solr, all the other cache
implementations were deprecated, and then removed in 9.0.0.

>> I should probably see if I can write some end to end instructions for
>> installing Solr and configuring dovecot to use it.
>
> Having something well-vetted and doc'd will be useful.

If I ever find any time I will definitely work on that.

Thanks,
Shawn