solr-jetty package in Debian 11 bullseye

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Wed May 25 20:14:22 UTC 2022

On 5/25/22 13:30, John Gateley wrote:

> I am in the process of upgrading the OS on my mailserver, currently
> Debian 9, to Debian 11.
>
> The solr-jetty package does not appear to exist in Debian 11.

The Solr package that was included in Debian and derivatives was REALLY
ancient -- Solr 3.6.  Looks like they chose to remove it rather than
update it.

Current Solr versions have a service installer script in the binary
download that works on modern Linux distros.  If you need some
assistance with it, I can help, but it would be off-list as it's not
really Dovecot related.

Thanks,
Shawn