Force TCP socket disconnect on imap login failure?

Hippo Man hippoman at gmail.com
Thu May 26 01:00:21 UTC 2022

Thank you very much!

I didn't know about auth_policy, and I can see that an auth_policy server
would be ideal for me.

I could transfer a lot of the logic to that server and dispense with most
(and
maybe even all) of my logfile monitoring.

I'm already using RBL with postfix, and it will probably indeed be helpful
with dovecot, as well.

As for immediate triggering against impossible auth attempts, I guess I
could
come up with some sort of dictionary of these kinds of terms.

I very much appreciate all these ideas.

 hippoman at gmail.com
 Take a hippopotamus to lunch today.