mbox to maildir migration, same server?

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at open-xchange.com
Thu Sep 8 18:21:49 UTC 2022

https://wiki.dovecot.org/Migration/MailFormat

If you have not yet, please read this. Conversion can be done in-place.

While doing the in-place migration, I would strongly suggest keeping the users out from the server. While it's possible to do while there are users actively using the server, it is easier when there are no changes going on.

Regards,
Aki