real duplicates of some e-mails / dovecot-2.3.19

hi at zakaria.website hi at zakaria.website
Tue Sep 13 11:12:00 UTC 2022

On 2022-09-08 10:46, Götz Reinicke wrote:
> Hi,
>
> we have the issue, that some(!) e-mails we receive are duplicated when
> processed by dovecot and stored to the users inbox.
>
> The mails are binary identical, same message ID, same size etc. diff
> sees no difference ….
>
> For now we only see that it happens do small mails max. +- 5k in size.
>
> And in dose not happen for all mails, but some are spam, some are
> internal mails some are newsletter which are expected…. and it happens
> for different users.
>
> Dose anyone have/had a similar issue?
>
> Any suggestion or idea would be helpful. Thanks . Götz

Hi Götz,

I've not had any similar experience but I thought perhaps to suggest if
you try to analyse the dovecot and mail transfer agent logs when such
email arrives and try to find what happens? It could be a sieve script
copying emails to the recipient or something wrong in the MTA
configurations that has nothing to do with Dovecot!

Zakaria.