Custom post login scripting variables via ID command

hi at zakaria.website hi at zakaria.website
Thu Sep 22 12:36:33 UTC 2022

Hi there,

I wonder if dovecot would consider this feature request. In post login
scripting, given USER, IP, LOCAL_IP, and userdb lookup fields, are only
available, I want to push additional variables from web mail to dovecot
using ID commands yet I looked at the source in imap-login-cmd-id.c and
script-login.c it seems to be possible while I'm not an expert in C and
IMAP standards and not sure if its something would break the standards.

I hope the dev team to consider this and if anyone have a workaround or
an idea with I can start to patch a workaround myself, please let me
know as it would be very much appreciated.

With thanks.

Zakaria.