Matching Addresses in Sieve

Shawn Heisey elyograg at elyograg.org
Fri Sep 30 23:46:18 UTC 2022

On 9/30/22 15:14, Doug Hardie wrote:
> I have an email with the following header line:
>
> From: 'Thank you!Kohls' <Kohls-MNc at FeedbackKohlsOpinionRequestedlxecrftHO.com>
>
> I am trying to match that with:
> if address :contains "from" "Thank you!Kohls"
> {
>          addflag "\\Seen";
>          fileinto "Junk";
>          stop;
> }
>
> However, the matching portion of the from address is only the section between < and >.  Since there are changing sections that are different for each email, I can't use that.  I wanted to match the stuff before <.  I have tried numerous formats for the if statement but none of them have worked.  What is the proper way to make that match work?  Thanks,

I did what looked like the right thing in a sieve plugin for roundcube:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/abhpc7rf9rokmfl/junk_rule_for_sieve.png?dl=0

And this is what that created in the script.  Only one word of
difference from yours -- it looks at the entire From header and not an
address.

# rule:[testing]
if header :contains "from" "Testing"
{