Hi Chris,
I did mention that when I change it back the command does not error - but it also does not produce the expected result - i.e. how many mails should be in the folder (well over 1000).
It might be that I have to live with no umlaut in the file system, but the doveadm command still needs to work - although I would prefer both.
Regards
Simon
On Fri, 2 Oct 2026 at 12:28, Chris Twinn <chris@twinn.co.uk> wrote:
Simples? Change it back.
I created 'Auszüge' got 'Ausz&APw-ge' on dovecot.
Tried the change to Auszüge on server in mail and .imap folders.
Folder becomes unusable. So although the system may like Auszüge, dovecot does not.
Changed it back to 'Ausz&APw-ge', happy days.
Regards,
Chris.
On 02/10/2026 10:57, Simon B via dovecot wrote:
Hallo,
I was preparing the upgrade to 2.4 and I shot myself in the foot. I am on 2.3.19.1, but I think my issue is not version dependent.
I had a folder - created using Horde and showing in Horde and Thunderbird as - Auszüge
But on the file system I noticed it was .Ausz%C3%BCge
Well, my system is UTF8, so I renamed it...
Now Horde still displays it as Auszüge, but does not show any emails in that folder. Thunderbird also displays it as Auszüge, and does show the emails, but neither client will put (move/copy) any new email into that folder....
doveadm mailbox list -u simon@myserver.net lists it.
doveadm -f table mailbox status -u simon@myserver.net "messages vsize" Auszüge says
doveadm(simon@myserver.net): Error: Mailbox Auszüge: Failed to lookup mailbox status: Mailbox doesn't exist: Auszüge
doveadm -f table mailbox status -u simon@myserver.net "messages vsize" Ausz%C3%BCge says
mailbox messages vsize
i.e. shows no messages - but does not complain the Mailbox does not exist.
How can I rescue this before proceeding with my upgrade?
Thanks.
Simon
dovecot mailing list -- dovecot@dovecot.org To unsubscribe send an email to dovecot-leave@dovecot.org
participants (1)
-
Simon B