dovecot at dovecot.org
dovecot at dovecot.org
Mon Nov 24 00:53:29 EET 2008
user: Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>
date: Mon Nov 24 00:34:49 2008 +0200
2 files changed, 38 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)
NEWS | 7 ++++++-
TODO | 36 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
diffs (95 lines):
diff -r cee696a95320 -r 072edbdb8102 NEWS
--- a/NEWS Mon Nov 24 00:08:03 2008 +0200
+++ b/NEWS Mon Nov 24 00:34:49 2008 +0200
@@ -2,7 +2,11 @@ v1.2.UNSTABLE Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi
* SQL dictionary (quota) configuration file is different than in v1.1.
See doc/dovecot-dict-sql-example.conf for the new format.
+ * deliver -m: Mailbox name is now assumed to be in UTF-8 format,
+ not modified-UTF7. Stephan Bosch's new Sieve implementation also
+ assumes UTF-8 format in fileinto parameters.
+ + Full support for shared mailboxes and IMAP ACL extension.
+ IMAP: Added support for extensions: CONDSTORE, QRESYNC, ESEARCH,
SEARCHRES, WITHIN, ID and CONTEXT=SEARCH.
+ SEARCH supports INTHREAD search key, but the rest of the INTHREAD
@@ -10,6 +14,7 @@ v1.2.UNSTABLE Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi
+ THREAD X-REFERENCES2 algorithm where threads are sorted by their
latest message instead of the thread root message. There is also no
base subject merging.
+ + IMAP: Implemented imap-response-codes draft.
+ Thread indexes for optimizing IMAP THREAD command and INTHREAD
+ Added userdb checkpassword (by Sascha Wilde)
diff -r cee696a95320 -r 072edbdb8102 TODO
--- a/TODO Mon Nov 24 00:08:03 2008 +0200
+++ b/TODO Mon Nov 24 00:34:49 2008 +0200
@@ -1,8 +1,36 @@
- - implement draft-gulbrandsen-imap-response-codes
+ - solr: escape '/' in usernames
+ - virtual: "Searched n% of the mailbox" gives broken numbers since
+ ctx->seq jumps around
+ - how do shared mailboxes work with plugins?
+ - expire: not too well. would require knowing the mapping between shared
+ namespace and the original user's namespace to avoid duplication.
+ - lazy-expunge, fts, etc.?
+ - dovecot-acl-list:
+ - how does it work with global acls?
+ - update immediately after SETACL: add/remove entries, update timestamps
+ - read the entire file to memory only once and keep it there, stat() later
+ to see if it has changed. if not, perhaps don't even bother stat()ing
+ dovecot-acl files? at least not that often..
+ - virtual mailboxes search: search index-only stuff first. save all incomplete
+ results to a list. sort the list by backend mailbox + backend UID. search
+ the stuff in that order. somehow make fts searches work by doing the search
+ for each backend mailbox rather than for the virtual mailbox
+ - virtual mailboxes: backend mailbox where to save mails if they're tried to
+ be saved to the virtual mailbox.
+ - acl example in wiki with acl_dict = file:/var/mail/%d/dovecot.shared
+ - change auth_worker_max_request_count to non-zero by default? at least with
+ PAM it should be non-zero.. perhaps remove the entire setting and make it
+ a pam args?
+ - add anonymous environment for anon logins
+ - fs quota: getquotaroot inbox vs. other-box should return different quotas
+ if two quotas are defined
+ - deliver: log mailbox name using utf8, not mutf7
- new primes code: are hash tables now being resized too often?
- auth_log_prefix setting similar to mail_log_prefix
- LDAP attrs: uid=foo,uid=bar doesn't work
+ - easily limit master users to be able to only log as other users within
+ their domain
- thread indexes: if we expunge a duplicate message-id: and we have a sibling
with identical message-id:, we can probably just move the children?
(unless there are non-sibling duplicates)
@@ -11,10 +39,12 @@
- QRESYNC: Drop expunges from the middle of given seq sets if possible
- use universal hash functions?
+ - expire plugin: log more with mail_debug=yes
+ - expire-tool -v could log UID and expire timestamps and what messages got
- mbox + in-memory indexes give errors with stress testing
- dict quota: syncing may cause quota recalculation, which in turn syncs
all mailboxes and then we'll assert-crash to avoid infinite looping
- - sieve: mailbox names should be utf-7 encoded
- fts-squat: support ORs
- UIDVALIDITY changed while saving -> sync errors
- mbox: copy to Trash, manually delete copied msg, change uidvalidity,
@@ -48,7 +78,6 @@
- DEBUG: buffer overflow checking code probably doesn't handle a successful
t_try_realloc() or pool_alloconly_realloc() properly
- cache: compress when we can drop temporary fields.
- - ACL: "foo/bar" in public namespace -> LIST "" % doesn't show "foo"
- new %modifier for reverse DNS lookups with a cache
- auth_gssapi_hostname = %Xl
- proxying would also want DNS lookups, but not reverse..
@@ -259,7 +288,6 @@
- THREAD=ORDEREDSUBJECT - although pretty useless I'd think.
- - acl (rfc4314)
- mailbox-referrals (rfc2193)
- this is useful whenever we would otherwise need to make the
connection ourself. for example load balancing and shared mailboxes
More information about the dovecot-cvs