[Dovecot-news] Dovecot v188.8.131.52 released
aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Wed Aug 12 16:02:20 EEST 2020
We are pleased to release v184.108.40.206. Please find it from locations below:
Binary packages in https://repo.dovecot.org/
Docker images in https://hub.docker.com/r/dovecot/dovecot
* CVE-2020-12100: Parsing mails with a large number of MIME parts could
have resulted in excessive CPU usage or a crash due to running out of
* CVE-2020-12673: Dovecot's NTLM implementation does not correctly check
message buffer size, which leads to reading past allocation which can
lead to crash.
* CVE-2020-10967: lmtp/submission: Issuing the RCPT command with an
address that has the empty quoted string as local-part causes the lmtp
service to crash.
* CVE-2020-12674: Dovecot's RPA mechanism implementation accepts
zero-length message, which leads to assert-crash later on.
* Events: Fix inconsistency in events. See event documentation in
* imap_command_finished event's cmd_name field now contains "unknown"
for unknown commands. A new "cmd_input_name" field contains the
command name exactly as it was sent.
* lib-index: Renamed mail_cache_compress_* settings to mail_cache_purge_*.
Note that these settings are mainly intended for testing and usually
shouldn't be changed.
* events: Renamed "index" event category to "mail-index".
* events: service:<name> category is now using the name from
* dns-client: service dns_client was renamed to dns-client.
* log: Prefixes generally use the service name from configuration file.
For example dict-async service will now use
"dict-async(pid): " log prefix instead of "dict(pid): "
* *-login: Changed logging done by proxying to use a consistent prefix
containing the IP address and port.
* *-login: Changed disconnection log messages to be slightly clearer.
+ dict: Add events for dictionaries.
+ lib-index: Finish logging with events.
+ oauth2: Support local validation of JWT tokens.
+ stats: Add support for dynamic histograms and grouping. See
+ imap: Implement RFC 8514: IMAP SAVEDATE
+ lib-index: If a long-running transaction (e.g. SORT/FETCH on a huge
folder) adds a lot of data to dovecot.index.cache file, commit those
changes periodically to make them visible to other concurrent sessions
+ stats: Add OpenMetrics exporter for statistics. See
+ stats: Support disabling stats-writer socket by setting
- auth-worker: Process keeps slowly increasing its memory usage and
eventually dies with "out of memory" due to reaching vsz_limit.
- auth: Prevent potential timing attacks in authentication secret
comparisons: OAUTH2 JWT-token HMAC, imap-urlauth token, crypt() result.
- auth: Several auth-mechanisms allowed input to be truncated by NUL
which can potentially lead to unintentional issues or even successful
logins which should have failed.
- auth: When auth policy returned a delay, auth_request_finished event
had policy_result=ok field instead of policy_result=delayed.
- auth: auth process crash when auth_policy_server_url is set to an
- auth: Lua passdb/userdb leaks stack elements per call, eventually
causing the stack to become too deep and crashing the auth or
- dict-ldap: Crash occurs if var_expand template expansion fails.
- dict: If dict client disconnected while iteration was still running,
dict process could have started using 100% CPU, although it was still
- doveadm: Running doveadm commands via proxying may hang, especially
when doveadm is printing a lot of output.
- imap: "MOVE * destfolder" goes to a loop copying the last mail to the
destination until the imap process dies due to running out of memory.
- imap: Running "UID MOVE 1:* Trash" on an empty folder goes to infinite
- imap: SEARCH doesn't support $.
- lib-compress: Buffer over-read in zlib stream read.
- lib-dns: If DNS lookup times out, lib-dns can cause crash in calling
- lib-index: Fixed several bugs in dovecot.index.cache handling that
could have caused cached data to be lost.
- lib-index: Writing to >=1 GB dovecot.index.cache files may cause
Panic: file mail-index-util.c: line 37 (mail_index_uint32_to_offset):
assertion failed: (offset < 0x40000000)
- lib-mail: v2.3.11 regression: MIME parts not returned correctly by
Dovecot MIME parser.
- lib-ssl-iostream: Fix buggy OpenSSL error handling without
assert-crashing. If there is no error available, log it as an error
instead of crashing:
Panic: file iostream-openssl.c: line 599 (openssl_iostream_handle_error):
assertion failed: (errno != 0)
- lib-ssl-iostream: ssl_key_password setting did not work.
- pop3-login: Login didn't handle commands in multiple IP packets properly.
This mainly affected large XCLIENT commands or a large SASL initial
response parameter in the AUTH command.
- pop3: pop3_deleted_flag setting was broken, causing:
Panic: file seq-range-array.c: line 472 (seq_range_array_invert):
assertion failed: (range[count-1].seq2 <= max_seq)
- pop3-login: Login would fail with "Input buffer full" if the initial
response for SASL was too long.
- submission: A segfault crash may occur when the client or server
disconnects while a non-transaction command like NOOP or VRFY is still
- virtual: Copying/moving mails with IMAP into a virtual folder
Panic: file cmd-copy.c: line 152 (fetch_and_copy): assertion failed:
(copy_ctx->copy_count == seq_range_count(©_ctx->saved_uids))
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 488 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
More information about the Dovecot-news