[dovecot] SELECT

marcelo at carpa.ciagri.usp.br marcelo at carpa.ciagri.usp.br
Thu Aug 8 02:19:56 EEST 2002

Hi, all.

Thanks Timo for answering my previous post. It's starting
fine now :)

I must be doing something wrong again but I can't connect from
any imap client. If I telnet to the server I get:

$ telnet carpa 11143
Trying 143.107.209.25...
Connected to carpa.ciagri.usp.br.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK dovecot ready.
a001 login marcelo #####
a001 OK Logged in.
a002 select INBOX
a002 NO Broken INBOX: Permission denied
a003 select ""
* FLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft \Recent)
* OK [PERMANENTFLAGS (\Answered \Flagged \Deleted \Seen \Draft)] Flags
permitted.
* 246 EXISTS
* 246 RECENT
* OK [UNSEEN 1] First unseen.
* OK [UIDVALIDITY 1028760751] UIDs valid
a003 OK [READ-WRITE] Select completed.
a004 close
a004 OK Close completed.
a005 logout
* BYE Logging out
a005 OK Logout completed.
Connection closed by foreign host.

"INBOX" seems not be a valid mailbox name to Dovecot but
it works with others servers (courier, at least).

The server uses Maildirs and runs qmail and courier (by now).

Thanks.