[dovecot] status update / cvs repository

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Aug 22 16:25:51 EEST 2002

Past few weeks went mostly while rewriting small part of code. It really
wouldn't have needed to take that long, but I always got really tired after
just looking at that code for a few seconds :)

Anyway, now messages are parsed in 256kB blocks (maybe I should make it
configurable), so large messages don't eat all memory anymore. Maildir
support seems to work with the new code, though I haven't tested it too well
yet. mbox is currently broken.

If you want to test it, dovecot's CVS is available with rsync. I don't think
I'll bother setting up pserver since that CVS has also other sources that
aren't public.

With rsync you'd do it something like:

# initialize new cvs repository (do it just once)
cvs -d ~/cvs init

# update cvs repository
rsync -avz --delete dovecot.procontrol.fi::dovecotcvs ~/cvs/dovecot

# checkout the sources from your cvs repository
cd ~/src
cvs -d ~/cvs checkout dovecot