[dovecot] Re: Sieve

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Dec 2 00:29:09 EET 2002

On Sun, 2002-12-01 at 22:42, hellhound at geek.be wrote:
>   I'm using Dovecot for some months now, and I love it!
>   I also saw that there are 'plans' to integrate Sieve support.
>   Well, some days ago I saw the following on freshmeat:
>     libSieve - http://libsieve.sourceforge.net/

I'm not sure actually what kind of sieve support Dovecot should/could
have. It's more of a job of SMTP server than IMAP server I think.

Unless I want to create some dovecot-deliver binary (like cyrdeliver
with Cyrus) which can be used to store messages into specified folders.
Advantages with that would be that SMTP server wouldn't need to know
where exactly the messages are stored and how. Possibly a good idea if I
begin using some of those extensions to mbox and Maildir.

Well. The sources don't look too bad, although I think I found a couple
of buffer overflows already, but once I get those fixed I guess the
library should be just fine :)