[dovecot] Re: 0.99.4 uploaded to Debian

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Dec 19 00:28:03 EET 2002

On Wed, 2002-12-18 at 17:47, Jaldhar H. Vyas wrote:
> I'm the Debian maintainer of UW-Imap.  Like many I'm somewhat frustrated
> with the limitations of it so I am very pleased to see that Dovecot is
> becoming a strong alternative.  I have uploaded packages of 0.99.4 to the
> Debian unstable distribution (sid).

Great, I've been waiting for that a few months now :) 0.99.5 should
probably come soon too, if I only figured why Dovecot's indexes
sometimes break when deleting mails with mutt.

>   Dec 18 09:01:31 samadhi imap(jaldhar): Error indexing mbox file
>   /home/jaldhar/mail/inbox: LF not found where expected
>
> The mbox in question is about 17MB and opens fine in uw-imapd.  Any clues?

Do you happen to have two From lines next to each others there? Like:

>From a at b ...
>From b at c ...

I think that's the only case Dovecot doesn't currently handle. I tried
to fix it for that a few times but the code just gets uglier and I
figured it's not worth the trouble since only time I've had it happen is
with some Dovecot bugs.