[dovecot] Re: o.99rc2 works on PowerPC - sort of...

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Dec 27 21:03:31 EET 2002

(whops, Evolution's reply window really needs something to remind me that
I'm (accidentally) doing a private reply instead of mailing list reply..)

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 19:44, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
> When accessing my folders through Pine (setup to always go through IMAP,
> even local mboxes) I get "kicked out" it seems, pretty often. Here's what
> shows in the logfile:
>
> imap(jonas): file imap-bodystructure.c: line 342 (part_write_body): assertion failed: (part->children->next == NULL)

Hmm. Usually that should happen only if index files are corrupted. But I
don't think you've had any time to corrupt them yet :) You could try
anyway rm -rf ~/mail/.imap/

I'll anyway look more closely how that could happen and maybe fix it
with index rebuilding rather than dying, but could you get the backtrace
of that? It probably doesn't core dump, but you could try it manually:

gdb /usr/lib/dovecot/imap

x select inbox
x fetch 1:* body

bt

Probably crashes with that.

Might also be some weird email message that Dovecot doesn't like..