[dovecot] Re: Benchmarks - updated for Cyrus

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 8 03:33:26 EEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 00:43, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Full results can be found at
> http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/dovecot-benchmark.txt

Updated to contain Cyrus benchmarks as well. Cyrus' BODY and ENVELOPE
fetches are equilevant to Dovecot's "BODY and ENVELOPE cached"
benchmarks.

So, we slightly beat Cyrus in many things, EXPUNGE most notably. BODY[]
fetching is slower probably because of our I/O problems, and possibly
also because we didn't store messages with CR+LFs (in which case we
would use sendfile(), and that should be _fast_).

We're also slow with message flag changes because maildir requires
rename()ing the mail files, we could later add optimization not to do it
but rely on flags specified in index file.