[dovecot] Re: Benchmarks - updated for Cyrus

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Oct 10 04:40:08 EEST 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-08 at 06:23, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> Actually, after trying again a few more times (rebooting between),
> Cyrus' BODY[] got much slower. Updated the benchmark once more, now
> added Dovecot with CR+LF and Dovecot with 32bit file offsets (default is
> 64bit).

After 3 hours of tweaking which didn't make much difference, I finally
tried if filesystem had any effect on the speed. It had. A lot. Using
the same mail files as Cyrus, I got the time going from 2:32 down to
1:41. Cyrus used 2:25 to do the same, meaning we easily beat Cyrus.

Now, uw-imapd is still faster with mbox handling..