[dovecot] Re: auth problem

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 12 20:42:41 EEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 18:27, Korbinian Riedhammer wrote:
> hi, im facing this problem:
> Fatal: can't listen in UNIX socket /var/rin/dovecot/login/
> /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login: No such file or directory
> Errror: child xxxxx (auth) returned error 98

Well, that error message at least looks a bit strange. Is that one or
two error messages? The first one should continue but it instead shows
two paths .. plus typo in /var/rin.

Anyway, probably something wrong in your config file, maybe you've tried
to add some path to "auth = xxx"? If not, send the whole file to me and
I'll see what's wrong.

Does /var/run/dovecot/login exist? And /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login?
You did do make install, right?