[dovecot] Re: replacing Courier imapd

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Oct 12 20:46:54 EEST 2002

On Sat, 2002-10-12 at 19:18, Sean Rima wrote:

> I currently use courier imapd, exim and ldap on my mail box. There are
> no users on this box, all info is taken from the ldap server. I note
> that dovecot does not use ldap as a backend, but curious if this in on
> the cards, or even mysql backend.

It wouldn't be hard to implement them, but they're not high on my
TODO-list yet. If anyone else doesn't write them, I eventually will.

They would be possible through vpopmail though, since it supports them
and Dovecot supports vpopmail. I wouldn't really encourage using
vpopmail though, doesn't look very secure.