[dovecot] observations/qestions of mbox concurrency ability (Yay!) on current CVS

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Sun Oct 20 09:38:29 EEST 2002

Hi, all.

Just been testing out the latest "CVS" (in quotes because  I'm rsyncing
the source
tree) versions of Dovecot lately.

Tested having Pine on the machine on which Dovecot was running, talking
IMAP, as well as another Pine instance, this time from my Windows machine
over the wire.  Things seem to be working wonderfully.  Deleted a message
using one instance, then refreshed the list on the other.  *poof*  Gone.

Though I'm seeing periodic "IMAP protocol error" messages in Pine, but
they don't seem to be affecting the software's operation that I can see.

Anything in particular I should be on the lookout for?

Otherwise, you just made my day.  Correction; week.  :D

--Ian.