[dovecot] Re: pam + radius

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Tue Oct 29 05:26:30 EET 2002

On Tue, 2002-10-29 at 05:01, Hielke Christian Braun wrote:
> i am trying to use dovecot with pam and radius. My users have names
> in the format joe at somedomain.com. When i have pam configured to use
> the normal passwd/shadow files it works fine. With radius it does not.
> I see at the radius server that the domain part of my usernames
> is always replaced with the same domain @nikojet.com. I don't think
> it is a problem with the pam radius, as the same library works fine
> with the solid state pop3 server. Is this a fundamental problem and
> dovecot/imap does not work with usernames which have a domain part or
> is it a bug?

You probably don't have the users in /etc/passwd file too, right?
Dovecot currently wants the users to exist there too to get their UID,
GID and home directory. I'll change this later so that you could give
"gid=123 uid=456 homeroot=/var/mail" options to pam auth and it'd use
them for all users.

Or did PAM also support getting that information in some way? I'm not
sure exactly..