[dovecot] 0.98 released

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Sep 23 20:42:43 EEST 2002

0.98 released. This release includes LOTS of bugfixes after almost 4
weeks of actual use. We've mostly tested with Outlook 2000, Outlook
Express 6 and Evolution 1.0.8. I haven't heard of a single bug in
maildir for several days, and mbox worked quite well first time today :)

New features include vpopmail authentication, ability to run properly
when there's no disk space left to allow user to delete mail, and full
support for mbox.

v0.98 2002-09-23  Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>

+ mbox support is finally working. There's still some reliability
  fixes left but overall it should be quite usable.
+ vpopmail authentication support
+ We should be able to deal with "out of diskspace/quota" conditions
  properly, by keeping the indexes in memory and allowing user to
  delete mails to get more space.
+ Several speed enhancements
+ New configuration file option: overwrite_incompatible_index to force
  using ".imap.index" file, overwriting it if it isn't compatible
- Handle invalid message headers reliably
- Tons of bugfixes and code cleanups everywhere