[dovecot] Re: message order reversed on copying

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 7 04:23:14 EEST 2003

On Mon, 2003-04-07 at 02:50, Kimura Fuyuki wrote:
> > As a workaround, Kimura, you can delete dovecot's .imap.* index files, and
> > the new UIDs will be sorted again - until next time.
>
> I'm now running dovecot with maildir_copy_with_hardlinks and it works
> well enough since it doesn't do the deliberate reversing, though I'll
> be happier if the dovecot implements UIDPLUS or merges your fix. :)

My maildir syncing rewrite is almost finished now, just a few tweaks
left and I'll cvs commit that. It sorts the new files, supports
permanent UIDs in NFS-safe .uidlist file, takes less memory, checks that
maildir doesn't contain base filename duplicates, and behaves better
with other clients.

Finally. I started that code a month ago..