[dovecot] Re: Mbox spool; dovecot rewriting and rewriting and rewriting

Ask Bjoern Hansen ask at develooper.com
Tue Apr 8 06:58:44 EEST 2003

On Monday, Apr 7, 2003, at 16:12 America/Los_Angeles, Timo Sirainen
wrote:

> Hmm. Maybe it then starts scanning the mails from beginning and setting
> the flags one by one?

Yes, it seems like it.

>> So for every mail read it rewrites the 120MB file?  Ouch.  No wonder
>> it's a bit slow. ;-)
>
> Not whole file, but all mails after the one it modifies. So updating
> new
> mails should be pretty fast.
>
> CVS already writes some extra empty space between mails, but it's not
> smart enough yet to use it for inserted headers.

It sounds like adding that will fix the issue for me; I'll try dovecot
again when it's there. Thanks!

For now I got imap-uw to not suck quite as much as it did first; thanks
Jonas!

  - ask

--
http://www.askbjoernhansen.com/