[dovecot] Re: Error: child 12625 (imap) killed with signal 12

Jonas Smedegaard js at debian.org
Tue Apr 8 12:58:11 EEST 2003

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Johan Willard wrote:

> On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Johan Willard wrote:
> >
> > > It looks like the maildir system suits imap much better than
> > > mailbox, so i think i stick to it. The only problem now is that my
> > > favourite client, pine, dosn't support maildir :/ I've located a
> > > patch that I will try, and in worse case scenario, i'll have to
> > > connect to localhost via imap
> > > :(
> >
> > I worked yesterday on tracing the history of the maildir patch for
> > Pine and uw-imap originally written by Mattias Larsson. Have a look
> > here: http://debian.jones.dk/official/uw-imap/changelog.maildir/
> >
> > You may find a more recent version of your own patch there. If you
> > have a different one than already there, please let me know where you
> > found it.
> >
> Here's the patch for pine 4.50. Haven't tested it yet thou.
> http://hico.fphil.uniba.sk/pine-patches.html

Looks like an older version of the same patch as in Debian. Haven't
investigated much yet, but I really recoomend looking into the other
alternatives I have collected.

This mail is Cc'ed the maintainer of the patch you found as well.

 - Jonas

--
* Debian GNU/Linux developer     http://www.debian.org/
* Jonas Smedegaard +45 40843136  http://dr.jones.dk/