[dovecot] Re: Maildir syncing rewrite

Kimura Fuyuki fuyuki at hadaly.org
Fri Apr 11 02:44:41 EEST 2003

At 10 Apr 2003 23:44:23 +0300,
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> Faster? How large mailboxes or slow computer do you have? :) I don't
> think I made it any faster, and I don't think it was slow before
> either.. It took more memory though.

Yes, I'm surprised too. I have no idea how it could be done, but it's
really faster. (why??)

This is my slow computer. :)

OS:	FreeBSD 5.0
CPU:	K6-2 400MHz
MUA:	Wanderlust 2.10.0

And some mailboxes have 1000+ mails.

> But I'm not really sure why the above happens.. Even the crash shouldn't
> happen if the corruption happens (I forced corruption, worked fine). It
> would help if you could get gdb backtrace, core dumps can be enabled by
> setting "mail_drop_priv_before_exec = yes" in config file.

OK, I'll try it if I have time, but I suspect the mount option -o
noatime would be the source of the problem... (I've dropped the
option.)

BTW, Here's another ominous message.

Apr 11 08:12:08 hadaly imap(fuyuki): Corrupted index file (in-memory index for /home/fuyuki/Maildir): Filename mismatch for UID 1: 1050013385.V40dI4d173.hadaly.dyndns.org vs 1049984584.V40dI4d1f8.hadaly.dyndns.org

-- fuyuki