[dovecot] Re: pop3 coredump

Mark E. Mallett mem at mv.mv.com
Wed Apr 16 02:35:07 EEST 2003

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 02:17:20AM +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 00:07, Mark E. Mallett wrote:
> > % /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/pop3.new
> > pop3(user9): Error: Corrupted index file
> > /users/48/user9/Maildir/.INBOX/.imap.index:  index.next_uid (4539) >
> > uidlist.next_uid (4000)
>
> What if you delete the dovecot-uidlist file? Or the index files? Does it
> still do this?

If I rename dovecot-uidlist out of the way, it successfully builds a
new one and no longer complains, and is happy on repeated invocations.
If I put back the dovecot-uidlist, it is not happy again.

However- the same is true of the .imap* files.  If I move them out of
the way (and leave the old dovecot-uidlist in place), the new pop3 is
happy to build a new set and use them (again, on repeated invocations).
If I move back the old .imap* files, the error is back.

So- moving either of those helps.
The older pop3 also seems happy to use the newly generated files.
(but again it's also happy with the old ones).

I don't know what happens if new mail comes in after the new files
are generated.

mm