[dovecot] Re: Changing hierarchy separator to '/'

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 16 18:55:03 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 01:03, Charlie Brady wrote:
> >From TODO:

>     - maildir: change it to use '/' as hierarchy separator to allow '.'
>       characters (for usernames in shared folders)
>
> Now changing the separator in the maildir-storage.c is trivial (even
> though it "can't" be changed :-), but fixing the resultant breakage in
> maildir-list.c needs a little more understanding. Timo, could you give me
> some pointers? I can see that I need to work out what imap_match_init()
> does.

Did you want to change the '.' separator in filenames too? If not, just
change all '/' chars in mask to '.' in maildir_list_mailbox_init().

imap_match_init() doesn't have to be touched, it gets the separator as
parameter. It just initializes the matching so you can later test with
imap_match() if the mask matches to mailbox name.