[dovecot] Re: Folders with mail and subfolders

Amelia A Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Mon Apr 21 18:37:59 EEST 2003

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 02:46:39PM +0100, Keith Edmunds wrote:
>On Mon, 14 Apr 2003 19:04:25 -0700
>"Ian R. Justman" <ianj at ian-justman.com> wrote:
>
>> Keith Edmunds wrote:
>> > I have a maildir hierarchy (built originally with Courier-IMAP)
>> > where some folders contain both email and subfolders. Using Dovecot
>> > I cannot see the mail in the top folders: I can only see the
>> > subfolders.
>> >
>> > Is this an RFC restriction or a Dovecot restriction? If the latter,
>> > is it planned to change?
>>
>> Far as I know, that's usually a client-side issue.  I had the same
>> thing come up when I was using Cyrus where a folder can hold either
>> messages or more folders.  Netscape has an option where you can have
>> both or they're mutually exclusive.
>
>I'm using the same client (sylpheed-claws) with both Dovecot and
>Courier-IMAP. Dovecot does not seem to allow both messages and folders
>within folders whereas Courier-IMAP does. Is there some setup I can
>change to allow both?

If you connected, using sylpheed, to an older version of dovecot that wasn't
permitting this (0.99.7, f'rinstance), then you might need to edit the
folderlist.xml (for sylpheed).  There's a flag on a folder ("nomail"?) that
gets set, and rebuilding the folder tree won't fix it, but you can remove
the flag by hand and then it's fine (with the Debian 0.99.8.1 updates, at
any rate, and prolly with current cvs).

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
  Light is the left hand of darkness