[dovecot] Re: Using on AIX

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Apr 23 15:13:27 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 14:43, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> > Something's really messed up then. Maybe there's some mmap() problems,
> > try if setting "default_mail_env = mbox:~/Mail:INDEX=MEMORY" helps?
>
> This results in
>
> dovecot: Apr 23 11:16:05 Error: child 86116 (imap) killed with signal 11
>
> Is it worth finding out where the sigsegv in imap happens?

Yes, I'd like to know why it crashes. I've tried to prevent that
everywhere. Two ways to do this:

a) Run the imap binary directly:
MAIL=mbox:~/Mail:INDEX=MEMORY gdb /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap
x select inbox
.. crash?
bt

b) Set mail_drop_priv_before_exec = yes in config file, and core dump
should be written to your home directory.

I think I should write this down somewhere in web :)