[dovecot] Re: Using on AIX

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Fri Apr 25 04:34:56 EEST 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-23 at 21:53, Adam Lackorzynski wrote:
> imap(xxx): Apr 23 18:46:44 Error: Corrupted index data file (in-memory index data index for HOME/Mail/f/sf1): Invalid location field for record 7

Got it, the struct sizes aren't padded to 8 bytes but Dovecot wants
that. So it pads them while writing, but the reading part is a bit too
pedantic and wants exact sizes. For now the easiest fix is to configure
--with-mem-align=4. I changed configure to do this automatically now
with 32bit file offsets. Have to fix this properly later..

I just compiled and tested Dovecot under AIX 4.3, compiled with xlc.
Seems to be working.