[dovecot] Debian packages for 0.99.9

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at debian.org
Wed Apr 30 17:40:10 EEST 2003

I uploaded the new version to sid today.  Apart from the new version a big
change is that it has now been split into 4 pieces.  dovecot-imapd and
dovecot-pop3d are the imap server and the pop3 server rspectively.  They
are seperate so you can install one without the other.  dovecot-common
contains the files they both use.  dovecot is just a dummy to ensure
smooth upgrades for users of older versions.  As there are new packages,
they will take a while to show up i the archive so I'm temporarily making
them available from http://src.braincells.com/debian/sid/dovecot/ or

deb http://src.braincells.com/debian sid/
deb-src http://src.braincells.com/debian sid/

via apt-get.

but unless you have a burning need to upgrade, I recommend you just wait a
few days.

A backport to woody is also available, add

deb http://src.braincells.com/debian woody/
deb-src http://src.braincells.com/debian woody/

to your sources.list.  One problem I found with installing on woody is
that the first time you do apt-get install dovecot, it gives you an error
because /etc/dovecot.conf is no owned by dovect-common instead of dovecot.
It will work correctly the second time you run the command.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar at debian.org>