[Dovecot] Direct RADIUS support, not via PAM

Jethro R Binks jethro.binks at strath.ac.uk
Fri Aug 8 01:26:44 EEST 2003

Hi,

I'm currently testing dovecot to authenticate user passwords against a
radius server, via pam_radius_auth, and that seems to work fine.
However, I am running other software (Exim MTA) that also authenticates
via radius, using the radiusclient library from:

http://www.mcs.de/~lf/radius/

Is there any chance that this library could be used by Dovecot as a
further authentication option, and save me having two separate radius
configurations for two different (but related) pieces of software, and the
need to install pam_radius_auth, which I don't otherwise use?

Jethro.

Jethro R Binks
Computing Officer, IT Services
University Of Strathclyde, Glasgow, UK