[Dovecot] Startup Problem

Tobias Sasse tobi at pluto.sunn.de
Fri Aug 15 10:12:06 EEST 2003

Hello,

i don't like asking stupid questions in mailinglist, 'cause i guess you got
something better to do than answer it. But well this is an exception,
because i didn't find anything on google.

Here comes my problem:

I'm using a NetBSD 1.6.0 System with the latest dovecot build.

i want to start dovecot imapd by:

root at balin:[/etc]$ ./rc.d/dovecot start
Starting dovecot.
Fatal: Error in configuration file /usr/pkg/etc/dovecot.conf line 88:
Missing value

This is my error ;)

This is the line 88 in my conf file.
   maildir:/home/%u/mail

the maildir was created by 'makemaildir mail' and exists:

root at balin:[/home/tobi]$ ls -all
total 18
drwxr-xr-x  4 tobi  users   512 Aug 15 09:11 .
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   512 Aug 13 01:18 ..
drwx------  5 tobi  users   512 Aug 14 12:47 mail

there it is.

in default option of the maildir line dovecot starts without problems but i
really want to have my mails in /home/%u/mail and not in
/var/mail/%1u/%u/mail
So could somebody please put some light on it?

Thank you,
Tobi