[Dovecot] more transitional joys

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Aug 17 17:39:18 EEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-17 at 10:32, Ian R. Justman wrote:
> > It's most likely that Mozilla bug. Or maybe you have set wrong IMAP
> > prefix? It tries anyway to subscribe using '/' hierarchy separator while
> > Dovecot wants '.'.
>
> I've never had any problems subscribing to mailboxes using Netscape (I use
> NS under Windows; I've had bad experiences with Moz under Windows).
>
> Running Netscape 7.1, and am using the "Server supports folders that
> contain sub-folders and messages" in the incoming server's advance
> properties as unchecked since I use mbox.

With mbox Dovecot wants to use '/' separator, so it's only maildir
that's problematic :)

Next version allows changing the hierarchy separator to anything you
want. Could be a good idea to use '/' with maildirs as well. I'm not
sure if I'd want to change the default though, might break some clients
which have cached the separator.