[Dovecot] No rawlog with LDAP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Aug 23 21:46:42 EEST 2003

On Friday, Aug 22, 2003, at 09:08 Europe/Helsinki, Bob Hall wrote:

> For an imap process opened under LDAP authentication, the output is
> USER     CMD          PID   FD MOUNT      INUM MODE         SZ|DV R/W
> postkont imap        5876   wd /          7961 drwx------     512  r

Root directory? I'm not sure why it would be there.. It should be in
/var/run/dovecot/ directory if home directory wasn't given.. Unless the
home dir was root.

> If I switch to passwd authentication, then I get two imap processes:
> The working directory is now /usr, and there's a local stream that
> wasn't present with LDAP.

Even more strange, especially if it works. I don't think your home
directory is /usr either?

Maybe the "wd" is buggy? Or something else weird is going on..