[Dovecot] No rawlog with LDAP

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sun Aug 24 03:21:28 EEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-08-24 at 01:56, Bob Hall wrote:
> > >For an imap process opened under LDAP authentication, the output is
> > >USER     CMD          PID   FD MOUNT      INUM MODE         SZ|DV R/W
> > >postkont imap        5876   wd /          7961 drwx------     512  r
> >
> > Root directory? I'm not sure why it would be there.. It should be in
> > /var/run/dovecot/ directory if home directory wasn't given.. Unless the
> > home dir was root.
>
> Then shouldn't it be in /root instead of /?

/root? Why? /root is usually root's home directory and you're not
running imap as root.

> You're the one who knows what he's doing. I just follow orders.

I'm pretty sure it's just not getting the homeDirectory out of LDAP.
Maybe it's related to why uidNumber/gidNumber wasn't working either. My
LDAP knowledge isn't very good, but maybe it's looking into wrong
schema? Did you change user_attrs or user_filter in dovecot-ldap.conf?

And you did use the same dovecot-ldap.conf file for both passdb and
userdb, right?