[Dovecot] Postgresql and Dovecot

Michael Ducy michael at michaelandniki.com
Fri Aug 29 18:19:45 EEST 2003

I didn't touch the logging settings, however I would be more than happy
too. :)  I didn't set a verboseness level in dovecot.conf.  I am now
putting informational messages into a file.  Any other settings I should
change?

I have another question.  I am authenticating against an existing
database.  Postfix drops mail in /var/spool/mail/%u .  The existing
database only has login (the username) and password.  My user_query is:

user_query = SELECT '/var/spool/mail'||login as mail, 89 AS uid, 89 AS
gid FROM user_common WHERE login='%u';

I am getting :
+OK dovecot ready.
user username
+OK
pass password
+OK Logged in.
* BYE Internal login failure.
Connection closed by foreign host.

default_mail_env is set to:
default_mail_env = mbox:/var/spool/mail/%u

89 is the uid and gid of the dovecot user which is what auth_user is set
to.

Any ideas on the "Internal login failure" failure?

Thanks,
Michael