[Dovecot] No localhost after reboot

Matthias Andree matthias.andree at gmx.de
Sat Aug 30 01:14:25 EEST 2003

"Bob Hall" <rjhjr at cox.net> writes:

> I've been SIGHUPing Dovecot when I make changes in dovecot.conf. This
> seemed to work fine; I made changes to the imap_listen setting and
> Dovecot accepted them. However, I just reset
> 	imap_listen = *
> and used killall instead of SIGHUP, and restarted, and Dovecot is

Don't do this on SysV (Solaris 8 has pkill instead) - killall kills
EVERYTHING there. (used for shutting down the system).

Anyways, can we please have a decent set of manual pages for dovecot
before 1.0 that specifies what is re-read after SIGHUP and what needs a
full restart? :->

> Maybe I shouldn't have swapped keyboards during the reboot. Or maybe
> the keyboard uses the wrong brand of pixie dust. Or maybe I need to
> hit it with a hammer. Or maybe the power company flushed out some
> fat electrons when they cleaned the tap brushes on the dynamos...

Maybe the current was the wrong color? <shrug> ;-)
(One Power Co here in Germany is called Yello Strom)

--
Matthias Andree