[Dovecot] PATCH: mysql authentication

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Aug 30 02:34:56 EEST 2003

On Saturday, Aug 30, 2003, at 02:16 Europe/Helsinki, Matthew Reimer
wrote:

> Here's a patch that implements mysql authentication. I started with
> the pgsql files and tweaked them to use mysql instead. It works for
> me, but there might be a couple of memory leaks. I'm welcome to
> suggestions on how to clean it up so it can be committed.

Thank you. I'll look at it more closely later, but it looked fine with
a quick look.

It would be nice to be able to use asynchronous database lookups. I'm
not sure how easy that is with MySQL, of if it's possible at all. With
PostgreSQL it looked annoyingly difficult so I haven't done it yet.

Synchronous calls anyway mean that there's only one SQL statement
executing at a time and that may slow down the authentication if
there's a _lot_ of users logging in constantly. If that's a problem,
growing auth_count should help at least some. It specifies the number
of auth processes that respond to the authentication queries.

And some day I'll probably move the sql stuff into separate lib-sql and
have only a single sql authenticator..