[Dovecot] Severe pop3 incompatibility report

Kadlecsik Jozsi kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu
Thu Dec 4 11:37:24 EET 2003

Hello,

According to our experiences, most recent dovecot incompatible with
eudora pop3 client

- eudora (5.1, 6), pop3, 'leave on server' enabled: the clients receive
  the full inbox *every time* they check the inbox on the server.

[Users using other MUAs experienced the same once, at switching from
uw-pop3d/imapd to dovecot.]

That is absolutely devastating, especially for home users behind a
modem line. We spent a full week with trying to find a workaround with
eudora: no avail. The only solution remained was to revert back to
uw-pop3d. :-(

Best wishes,
Jozsef Kadlecsik
E-mail : kadlec at sunserv.kfki.hu, kadlec at blackhole.kfki.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: KFKI Research Institute for Particle and Nuclear Physics
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary