[Dovecot] dovecot.. (mySQL authentication)

David S. Madole david at madole.net
Thu Dec 11 15:44:36 EET 2003

> "Cami" <camis at mweb.co.za> wrote:
>

> Has anyone got any experimental patches for mysql auth?

The attached patch was published to this list by Matthew Reimer a few months
ago. I have merely updated it to apply to the current 0.99.10.4 version of
Dovecot.

I would say this is somewhat better than experimental, as I have been using
it for two months now with zero problems at all.

Note that there is no 'configure' logic in this patch, accordingly you need
to set a couple of flags manually to compile MySQL support. Here's how I
compile, for reference:

AUTH_CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include/mysql -DPASSDB_MYSQL -DUSERDB_MYSQL" \
AUTH_LIBS="-L/usr/local/lib/mysql -lmysqlclient" \
\
./configure \
  --prefix= \
  --disable-ipv6 \
  --with-ssldir=/etc \
  --with-storages=maildir \
  --without-passwd \
  --without-passwd-file \
  --without-static \
  --without-pam \
\
&& make

Hope this helps you as much as it's helped me. Thanks again to Matthew for
this work.

David Madole