[Dovecot] logfile errors

Simon Bell admin at thelight.org.uk
Mon Dec 29 22:26:18 EET 2003

Ive recently installed dovecot as a replacement for my uw-imap server. Ive
noticed a few error messages in the log file, although in operation ive seen
no problems from my mail client. The errors are:

pop3(admin): Dec 26 21:19:37 Error: Error indexing mbox file
/var/mail/admin: LF not found where expected

and

pop3-login: Dec 29 14:54:03 Warning: SSL_read() syscall failed: EOF
[192.168.7.2]

There appears to be a large number of the SSL_read errors, though SSL
appears to work fine from outlook.

Is there any explanation to what they mean or are they insignificant enough
to ignore?

thanks
Simon