[dovecot] IMAP folder problem

Kevin Lee kevin at kevinlee2001.f2s.com
Tue Feb 18 18:56:43 EET 2003

Hi,
	I have tried multiple dovecot versions (0.99 and CVS) and I keep
getting the same problem.

I connect to the IMAP server fine using outlook xp, but when I try to create
folders it creates them and then they just disappear.  In the Maildir on the
IMAP server the folder are there but they don't show up using a client.  I
basically can't do anything with folders, including copying outlook folders
to the server or create/delete folders.  And when I move mail to specific
folders using procmail it just gets put back into the inbox again...

I'm using freebsd 4.7-RELEASE

My config file only adds the following lines...

auth = plain
auth_methods = plain
auth_userinfo = password-file /etc/passwd.imap
auth_user = root

My password file (/etc/passwd.imp) only consists of

kev:XXXXXchangedXX[13]:1001:1001::/home/kev::::

I've just created a folder /home/kev/Maildir where dovecot created the
MailDir hierarchies.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Kev