[dovecot] Re: IMAP folder problem

Kevin Lee kevin at kevinlee2001.f2s.com
Tue Feb 18 20:45:49 EET 2003

Hi,

I've tried other outlook installs and setting.
When I try to copy a folder to the imap account I get...

"Can't move the items. The move operation could not be completed. It is
possible that the destination server is unavailable or does not support
subfolders."

And when I try to copy mail to the imap folder (with subscribed folders) I
get:

"Can't move items.  This IMAP command could not be sent to the server before
the connection was terminated"

I get some corresponding errors in dovecots logs:

"
imap-master: Feb 18 18:31:41 Error: child 60038 (imap) killed with signal 6
imap((null)): Feb 18 18:33:49 Panic: file cmd-append.c: line 25
(validate_args): assertion failed: ((unsigned int) ret == count)
imap-master: Feb 18 18:33:49 Error: child 60042 (imap) killed with signal 6
"

related?

> On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 18:56, Kevin Lee wrote:
> > Hi,
> > 	I have tried multiple dovecot versions (0.99 and CVS) and I keep
> > getting the same problem.
> >
> > I connect to the IMAP server fine using outlook xp, but when I try to
create
> > folders it creates them and then they just disappear.  In the Maildir on
the
> > IMAP server the folder are there but they don't show up using a client.
> > basically can't do anything with folders, including copying outlook
folders
> > to the server or create/delete folders.
>
> Just guessing, but maybe you also have to subscribe to the folders
> before they show up in Outlook XP? Also make sure you haven't set
> anything to root folder path.

I know this to be the case with NS7's mail client.

--Ian.