[dovecot] Re: zlib support

Ian R. Justman ianj at ian-justman.com
Thu Feb 27 02:18:08 EET 2003

Timo Sirainen wrote:
 > Yes, it's been in todo for some time now. mbox support would likely be
 > read-only, read-write would require recreating the whole .gz file on
 > updates.

Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing something like this so I can compress
up my old mail and perhaps store them on CD, for example.  I tend to
archive mailing list traffic by month (which I store in mbox format), so
past months tend to not change much, if at all.  :)

While not an absolute necessity, it'd be nice to have.

--Ian.