[dovecot] Re: Assert in imap-bodystructure.c

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Jan 6 21:46:15 EET 2003

On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 19:40, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 19:03, Brad Figg wrote:
> > imap(brad): Jan 06 08:46:28Panic: file imap-bodystructure.c: line 346
> > (part_write_body): assertion failed: (part->children->next == NULL)
>
> Annoying, you're the second person now who sees this. Is this Linux/x86
> system? Maildir?

OK, I think I've fixed it now. Some data was saved incorrectly to index
files for messages with attachments. This showed up mostly with BODY and
BODYSTRUCTURE fetches giving incorrect replies or crashing with messages
that had multiple nested MIME parts.

I never saw this since Dovecot starts caching the BODY data to index
files after the client has issued BODY query a couple of times. After
that there was no problems with them, so this happened mostly with new
users.

Also I fixed this properly now, instead of crashing at such invalid data
in indexes we'll print a nice error message to log file and the indexes
will be rebuilt.

So, "strange bug" count again at zero. Maybe time for a new release
soon..