[dovecot] Re: Assert in imap-bodystructure.c

Brad Figg brad at tpi.com
Mon Jan 6 22:25:12 EET 2003

On Monday 06 January 2003 12:19 pm, Brad Figg wrote:
> On Monday 06 January 2003 09:40 am, you wrote:
> > On Mon, 2003-01-06 at 19:03, Brad Figg wrote:
> > > imap(brad): Jan 06 08:46:28Panic: file imap-bodystructure.c: line 346
> > > (part_write_body): assertion failed: (part->children->next == NULL)
> >
> > Annoying, you're the second person now who sees this. Is this Linux/x86
> > system? Maildir?
> >
> > Would it be possible for you to send me that mail folder's indexes? They
> > contain some headers of the mails (from, to, subject, ..) and are
> > located in ~/Maildir/.folder/.imap.index* or
> > ~/mail/.imap/folder/.imap.index*. I didn't find any obvious reason for
> > this problem last I looked, so getting those indexes would help to find
> > why they're corrupted.
> >
> > Anyway, fixing this would most likely work by just deleting those index
> > files. If that didn't help either, it's some mail in there that Dovecot
> > doesn't like for some reason.
>
> I removed the .imap.index* files. I can now see most of the email in that
> folder. The email that I can see are messages that I moved via drag-n-drop
> from my email client. The messages that I can't see are ones that procmail
> put in the folder. There is a difference in the message name format between
> the two. Messages that I can see are named like
> "1041543929.7991_300.norbert:2,S". The ones I can not see are named like
> "1041620504.14350.norbert:2,S". Any ideas why this is happening and how I
> fix it?

I should have pointed out that I have other folders that have messages
that were put in via drag-n-drop and via procmail and I can see all of them.
And that before the folder just quit working I could see all of the email in
the folder that I removed the index files from. It's like the indexes didn't
handle all of the messages in the folder correctly.

Thanks again,
Brad