[dovecot] Re: mbox & Maildir

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Sat Jan 18 02:05:50 EET 2003

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 23:48, james broermann wrote:
> Is it possible for a client to read both mbox and Maildir formats from one
> server running dovecot?
>
> Without changing default_mail_env in dovecot.conf, Maildir folders are
> working ... they're located in ~/Maildir. No /var/mail/username exists.  I
> have mbox format folders in ~/mail and have been trying to get pine to find
> them by adding pine folder collections. I always end up back in ~/Maildir,
> though.

Within same session it's currently not possible to use both mbox and
maildir folders. Different users could access both mbox and maildir with
the autodetection code (~/Maildir if exists, fallbacks to ~/mail).

Accessing both with same user would mostly be a configuration and
namespace issue. I'd rather not add code for those before supporting
shared folders.