[dovecot] Re: Plain auth broken

Amelia A.Lewis amyzing at talsever.com
Sat Jan 18 19:01:37 EET 2003

On 17 Jan 2003 14:37:32 +0200
Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 14:15, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> > On Thu, 2003-01-16 at 03:31, james broermann wrote:
> > > pine still doesn't want to work.  It does detect that the server
> > > is using plain text passwords.  I'll try the sniffer and see what
> > > turns up.
> >
> > Whops, you're right. I've tested pine only with digest-md5
> > authentication before. Looks like my PLAIN authentication isn't
> > working properly. Normally other clients just use LOGIN command
> > which is different.
>
> Patch is now available at http://dovecot.procontrol.fi/

Hmm.

I'm running the debian package 0.99.7-2.  If I turn off SSL, and allow
plaintext, I can log in.  If I turn SSL on (comment out ssl_diable =
yes), then I can't.  It was working in 0.99.6, I know.

Same situation using 0.99.7-1 alpha (it takes longer for alpha builds to
make it into debian).

I can provide more information, as necessary.  All that's logged is
"disconnected for inactivity".  Monitoring via tcpdump doesn't seem too
useful, given that TLS is negotiated.

Amy!
--
Amelia A. Lewis                    amyzing {at} talsever.com
Igne natura renovatur integra.